• The steep, boggy landscape at Staney Hill has made life difficult for developers seeking to build there.
• Designers Redman Sutherland Architects are to launch another consultation phase next week.
• Architect says, local residents’ views have been taken into account ahead of the 300-home scheme.
• Four humpback whales seen off Yell
• Whales come within a few metres of boats
• Animals were seen playing and feeding
• A planned review of governance in education has come under heavy fire today.
• Members of the SIC’s education and families committee argue for a more political response.
• The Scottish government in Holyrood is compared with a right-wing Westminster Tory government
• Carmichael wants fresh intervention over controversial deal
• Faroese boats caught almost 33,000 tonnes in EU waters last year
• Crews would be penalised for landing fish in Scotland
Brian Gray - 'steep', 'boggy', 'exposed'? Why on earth do the SIC insist on starting project... on Challenges ahead but Staney Hill project progresses
i tinkler - "standing for the Council" Money where our mouths are? on Windfarm decision: all the reaction
i tinkler - Ali Inkster, I am, why not you and Veda? That could be fun! on Windfarm decision: all the reaction
Christopher Johnston - A cousin is a retired head teacher in the UK and experienced the moving of schoo... on Holyrood’s ‘top-down, centralising approach’ to education comes under fire
i tinkler - Veda Tait Facebook page 9 March 2011 · I quote “I believe if I can't be po... on Windfarm decision: all the reaction
BMW 320D Estate
51 St Olaf Street, Lerwick, Shetland
Hjaltland Housing Association
Ibrox, 6 Greenhoulls Park, Brae, Shetland
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Appointment of Trustees at NAFC
Store Person at HNP Engineers Lerwick Ltd
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
What drives a man to risk his life in the Southern Ocean? Not once, but twice. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…