• Shetland Boat Week organisers are appealing for volunteers ahead of this year’s event.
• New ideas are being developed with the hope that more people will get involved.
• Helpers are needed in the lead-up to, and during this year’s event, from 7th to 13th August.
• Trust’s reorganisation application will be considered by charity regulator
• It follows representation from Jonathan Wills
• Trust vice chair opposed to ‘dilution of democratic control’
• Around 300 guizers march through Scalloway ahead of galley burning.
• Shark headed galley becomes a talking point locally in an interesting break from tradition.
• Earlier winds die away bringing favourable weather to the galley burning.
• The weather did little to deter people from turning out for a first look at this year’s Scalloway Jarl’s Squad.
• After an early morning visit to the NAFC Marine Centre Victor Laurenson led the near 50-man squad along a route starting at the Scalloway Boating Club.
• At the head of the galley the squad have used some artistic licence and departed from the traditional dragon’s head. Instead a shark’s head has taken its place.
Davie Gardner - IanClearly I have touched a raw nerve here – but this answer has only, if ... on Notable change in tone (Duncan Simpson)
i tinkler - Somewhat strange and bizarre! A large group of openly hairy men take on the role... on Helen Robertson Column: Floats the raven banner o’er us …
Alan Skinner - I shall certainly be expressing my concerns to OSCR, as I have done in the past.... on Consultation to be carried out by OSCR over Shetland Charitable Trust changes
i tinkler - Johan, all fitness facilities owned by SIC should be free. In a truly integrated... on Cost of keeping fit will hamper some, Lerwick woman claims
Johan Adamson - It makes you wonder where our SIC money is being spent if SIC does not support a... on Cost of keeping fit will hamper some, Lerwick woman claims
Kia Rio 1.1 DRDi 2 Ecodynamics
Hjaltland Housing Association
Bonheoga, Hamnavoe, Burra
Seaview Cottage, Hamnavoe, Burra
Hotel Manager with KGQ
Various job vacancies with the SIC
Male Security Officer with Serco
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
What drives a man to risk his life in the Southern Ocean? Not once, but twice. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…