• 20 years after the Green Lily the loss of helicopter winchman Bill deacon is remembered.
• Simultaneously services see wreaths laid at sea and in Bressay.
• Attendees include Deacon’s son Alan, former coxswain Hewitt Clark and former Coastguard pilot Norman Leask.
• First three redundancies at Shetland Amenity Trust have been confirmed.
• The job losses come as the trust looks to cut deficit by £200,000.
• Tow head figures take lengthy holidays lasting into the new year as challenging period continues.
• The Staney Hill Hall is taking a new approach to getting folk through its doors.
• And The Shetland Times is playing a key part in helping it along.
• Copies of the newspaper are there to give people something to talk about.
• Living Lerwick is “on course” to deliver its flagship Winter Festival event, chairman says.
• Mathieson speaks out to counter fears the organisation has become a rudderless ship.
• His reassurances come after a troubled start to the new four-year term.
All Podcast Episodes »
Berlingo Multispace XTR HDI90
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
80 North Lochside, Lerwick
4 Sandyloch Drive, Lerwick, ZE1 0SR
Customer/Sales Assistant at Conochies
Team Manager at G4S
Tanker Driver at Highland Fuels, Lerwick
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
Seafaring under sail was often a harsh life and demanded strengths, endurance and skills at which Shetlanders excelled. View More…