• Fisheries Minister announces £1.8m for Shetland industry.
• Cash also avaialale for safety equipment.
• Warning that pressure must be kept on Westminster over Brexit.
• Lifeboat man was 19 when called out on early morning mission 50 years ago today
• Trawler had hit rocks at Papa Stour in heavy seas
• But all 12 men were saved by the lifeboat crew
• Guizer Jarl Liam Doull and his squad as they gathered early for the start of the Northmavine Up Helly A’.
• Each Viking carried a spear with intricate rope-work and a shield with a stunning Odin’s raven design.
• Torch-lit procession saw more than 200 guizers follow the galley from the Hillswick Hall to the Ayre of Urafirth.
• Isles see drop in self-employment figures, while Orkney witnesses an increase over the same period.
• Federation of Small Businesses calls for more measures to help encourage entrepreneurs.
• It comes ahead of Shetland’s first Business Week.
Christopher Johnston - I have been amused by the misconceptions some Shetlanders have about the USA pol... on A week to rescue the trust (Jonathan Wills)
John Tulloch - David,You and others may consider the American voting system to be fair or ... on A week to rescue the trust (Jonathan Wills)
Ali Inkster - So westminster can not be allowed to trade away our fishing interests but the ho... on WATCH: Fisheries minister warning over Brexit
David Spence - You only have to go the street to see the number of shops that are closed or clo... on Figures show Isles offer fewer entrepreneurs than Orkney and Western Isles
Alistair & Jane Inkster - With the SIC throwing obstacles in the path of any and all entrepreneurs is it a... on Figures show Isles offer fewer entrepreneurs than Orkney and Western Isles
Ford Ranger XL Pick-up
66 Breiwick Road, Lerwick
Norhamlea, 28 King Harald Street, Lerwick
3 Baila, Lerwick
Various vacancies at The Moorfield Hotel, Brae
Day Cleaner with Serco at Scatsta Airport
Boatman with Blueshell Mussels
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
What drives a man to risk his life in the Southern Ocean? Not once, but twice. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…