• Andrew Hall, aka Halfdan Ragnarrson, defies bitterly cold wind to bring festival to fiery climax
• Galley Fragar is sent up in flames as fireworks crackle overhead
• Entertainment continues in five halls
• Hial says it has limited the new charge to £3 per 24-hour period
• Move has been heavily criticised by the vice chairman of the airport’s consultative committee
• Petition launched by Northern Isles MSPs
• Local knitwear designer and hand spinner is named as patron for 2018 event.
• News announced at the start of the Edinburgh Yarn Festival.
• Official hat is called “The Merrie Dancers Toorie” and was designed by new patron.
• Pub manager convicted of assault after pushing a barred customer is allowed to keep his licence.
• The man’s wrist was broken as he was thrown out, leading to prosecution and fine for manager.
• But councillors decided his personal licence should be endorsed rather than revoked.
All Podcast Episodes »
2 Suzuki jimnys
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
16 Greenfield Place, Lerwick
SIC Various vacancies
SIC Assistant Engineer Superintendent
SIC Electrical Engineer & Marine Engineer
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…