• Flying camera has been used by Shetland Islands Council since April 2016
• It has saved “tens of thousands” of pounds on scaffolding for building surveys
• Watch video footage taken during job in Scalloway
• The 2018 season of fiery festivals got under way in Scalloway this morning
• This year’s Jarl Leslie-Wills Setrice rallies his troops for the big day ahead.
• Impressive-looking suits are complete with authentic reindeer skins and silver kirtles.
• Consultancy costs have been at least £2 million every year since 2011/12, peaking at £5.5 million in 2015/16.
• Among the biggest recipients of money have been NIRAS Fraenkel, Hub North Scotland and Baillie Gifford.
• SIC finance chief Jonathan Belford says the amount spent on consultants is a “very low percentage” of total council expenditure.
• Power is lost to over 300 homes in and around Quarff
• SSEN has apologised for the power cut
• Engineers worked to replace an overhead line
All Podcast Episodes »
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Scottish Car Auctions Search
Mousa, 14 Burgh Road, Lerwick
2B St Sunniva Street, Lerwick
70 North Lochside, Lerwick
Various jobs at SIC
Chief Executive at Shetland Amenity Trust
Various jobs at Intersport Shetland
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…