• The development of a large wind farm in Yell crossed its latest hurdle.
• Shetland Islands Council planning committee has given its approval.
• Meeting hears of objections from Scatsta Airport operators, Serco.
• Former swimmer Andrea Strachan is excited to be on this year’s judging panel for The Shetland Sports Awards.
• We want your nominations but they must reach The Shetland Times by Sunday.
• You can have your say online, on Facebook via email or by filling in the coupon in the newspaper.
• Plans to close the Ronas Ward at the Gilbert Bain Hospital and redeploy staff have been put on hold.
• Fears raised over the impact move would have on outlying communities.
• Councillor board members argue in favour of deferring the decision which is ‘about money’.
• The seventh Shetland Wool Week opened in fine style with a wine and nibbles reception.
• Many international visitors as the festival continues to grow in size and reputation.
• For the first time ceremony includes a fashion show of locally-produced clothing.
John Tulloch - Thank you, Jonathan (and Allison) for rebelling against this power grab at SCT. ... on Meeting hears Act of Parliament could result in charitable trust being ‘dissolved’
John Tulloch - Perhaps, the most surprising thing about the campaign is the lack of forthright ... on Meeting hears Act of Parliament could result in charitable trust being ‘dissolved’
James Sinclair - Readers of a certain age may also be familiar with the further expression "Groun... on Yell wind farm breezes through planning
David Spence - £250,000 to the community? Who would be in charge of this and who would be resp... on Yell wind farm breezes through planning
Jonathan wills - No, Pete, I have not dropped my compromise suggestion of a trust with eight elec... on Meeting hears Act of Parliament could result in charitable trust being ‘dissolved’
Toyota Hi-Lux 4×2 Pick-up
Kia Picanto Strike
Substantial retail premises at 97 Commercial Street, Lerwick
1 Church Road, Lerwick
Hjaltland Housing Association
Head of Housing & Customer Services
Sales Ledger Clerk
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
An easy to use and informative compilation of Shetland words. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…