• Swan Trust has gained a £3,000 windfall thanks to the efforts of West Side school pupils
• Trust suffered significant funding gaps following moves by Shetland Charitable Trust to tighten its belt
• It leads to warnings vessel may be sold off
• An isles teenager who fled from Manchester Arena has spoken of her horror of the attack at a pop concert.
• She says, ‘it was one of the best nights of my life and then it turned into the worst’.
• Amid the chaos apprentice Sarah Gardiner helped reunite a young girl with her mother.
• Lerwick-based social enterprise Cope Ltd is taking over award-winning local food and drink company Shetlandeli.
• Cope has received a grant of more than £122,000 from Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) that helped fund the takeover.
• It will also allow the not-for-profit organisation to create a marketing manager’s post and develop a website.
• NHS Shetland agrees to accept new deal from Loganair.
• Offer will save about £300,000 a year from NHS Shetland’s £2.8 million patient travel budget.
• Health chiefs are also hoping to save a further £250,000 by cutting the number of patients needing to travel to the mainland for treatment.
Gordon Downing - There are other ways to save money. Why not use video conferencing more often. H... on NHS Shetland drops plans for majority of patients to travel on ferry
Derick Tulloch - "post oil"! I actually laughed out loud at that. There's more oil in Scottish w... on Poor show by local Labour (Brian Smith)
John Tulloch - Here's SImon Collins, Shetland Fishermen’s Association chief executive writing... on Attitudes have hardened (Jonathan Wills)
Peter Hamilton - Definitely more Waldorf than Statler this time. Can we use this bizarre calculat... on It’s a dirty business (James J Paton)
Ian Tinkler - Johnathan Wills, I do not need to seek help for telling the truth. You should tr... on Attitudes have hardened (Jonathan Wills)
GREAT WALL STEED PICK-UP
Scatlands, West Sandwick, Yell
Silverlea, Ringasta, Quendale
Summerset House, Cullister, Sandwick, ZE2 9NZ
Various vacancies at Tulloch Developments
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Crane Lorry Driver at EMN Plant Ltd
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
What drives a man to risk his life in the Southern Ocean? Not once, but twice. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…