• Andy Aitken raises conerns about the safety of cyclists using main roads.
• He represents Shetland Triathlon Club and the cycling group Shetland Wheelers.
• He says the majority of motorists treat cyclists well but some are prone to pass too close.
• Ronnie Eunson to step down from SLMG.
• Livestock markets have ‘various issues’.
• The co-operative has strong future but will have to show willingness to change.
• A call for the council to be more open has been defeated by an overwhelming majority
• Lerwick has been subject to three weekend break-ins
• SLMG chairman Ronnie Eunson is to step down from his role after a nine year stint
• Shetland has been without a suicide for 18 months and suicide intervention training could be behind the turnaround, a local NHS employee has said.
• Karen Smith hailed the work done by various local bodies, including the NHS, as a driving force behind the positive news.
• The isles have historically had the highest rate of male suicide in Scotland, but in recent years there has been a marked reduction
David Spence - Steven, we in the west are quick enough to criticize other countries for rigging... on Councillors vote down call for more public scrutiny
Michael Garriock - @ Peter Hamilton.....and in what way could that kind of ridicule be any wors... on Councillors vote down call for more public scrutiny
John Tulloch - I have always supported the purported independence of Shetland councillors howev... on Councillors vote down call for more public scrutiny
Ali Newman - When will Shetland series 4 be available for viewing in the U.S.? I'm a huge fan... on Crime drama Shetland to return for fourth series
Donnie Morrison - Perhaps Mr Aitken should attempt to alter the mind set of some of his fellow cyc... on Cyclist says some drivers do not take enough care
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Scottish Car Auctions Search
12 Mansefield, Lerwick, Shetland
Houses in Unst and Hillswick
46 St Olaf Street, Lerwick, Shetland
Head Chef and Chef de Partie/Pastry Chef at Scalloway Hotel
Quarry Supervisor at EMN Plant
Skilled Ground Workers at EMN Plant
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
What drives a man to risk his life in the Southern Ocean? Not once, but twice. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…