• Councillors have given unanimous backing to a motion saying there should be no councillors sitting on the Shetland Charitable Trust.
• Wednesday’s full council meeting discussed trust reform after being the SIC was asked for its views on proposed changes.
• The vote comes after Allan Wishart queried whether there would be some benefit of retaining councillors on the trust.
• Tavish Scott has been appointed to a Holyrood committee charged with scrutinising talks over a UK exit from the EU.
• Shetland MSP given a seat on the committee which has taken evidence from EU secretary, Fiona Hyslop.
• Scott says he is “dismayed” by last week’s UK-wide vote to leave the EU, which saw all of Scotland vote in favour of remain.
• Rip-roaring folk rockers The Revellers swapped the tour bus for a fishing boat when they set sail for a festival in Denmark.
• Band members piled onto the Adenia on Tuesday morning ahead of two dates at the Skagen music festival.
• It is the first gig the band has played outside of the UK and will include material from the soon to be released album Skeletons.
• Senior councillors have been told not to “rule out” the possibility of obtaining European funding.
• Vaila Wishart asked whether the possibility of receiving EU cash was “dead in the water”.
• But chief executive Mark Boden says the council should not stop asking until it has to.
Robert Sim - Simple, John. It's because the Brexit side haven't a clue how to proceed and hav... on ‘Dismayed’ Scott earns seat on Holyrood’s Brexit committee
John Tulloch - Where are all the "experts" who were forecasting economic meltdown if Britain le... on ‘Dismayed’ Scott earns seat on Holyrood’s Brexit committee
Robert Sim - Good preparation for the discussions with the EU post the next Scottish independ... on ‘Dismayed’ Scott earns seat on Holyrood’s Brexit committee
Brian Smith - 'Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.' on ‘Dismayed’ Scott earns seat on Holyrood’s Brexit committee
Johan Adamson - I thought the money was to steady the pound. Not sure how he could have put it ... on ‘Dismayed’ Scott earns seat on Holyrood’s Brexit committee
AUDI A3 SLINE
TALLABRAE, MID YELL
CRAIGIEVAR, STANEGARTH, LERWICK
109 NORTH ROAD, LERWICK
Based on extensive research this book gives new insight into the impact of the Great War on Shetland. View More…
The landscape of Shetland, its hills and beaches, cliffs and stacks, are not only places of extraordinary beauty but have locked up within them secrets from an ancient past. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…