• Nine out of ten people requiring urgent medical assistance outside of Lerwick and Scalloway not seen within target times.
• Vice-chairman of community safety and resilience board, Allison Duncan, “extremely disappointed” by the figures.
• Ambulance service says measures in place for remote communities.
• Council to investigate after admitting signs are ‘advisory’.
• Longstaff says driving in isles is worst he has ever seen.
• SIC says no legal measures in place to stop parking.
• SNP should drop its support for EU membership, says local branch member.
• Nugent diagrees with fellow SNP supporters.
• Handful of Shetlanders at Glasgow event.
• Viking Energy welcomes announcement that government will support renewable energy generation in remote islands.
• Westminster has today confirmed it will provide additional support to wind projects in the islands.
• Northern Isles MP Alistair Carmichael also greeted the “welcome” news with optimism.
All Podcast Episodes »
WANTED Camper Vans and Motor Homes
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Crannochlea, Hillside Park, Gulberwick
Accounts Assistant at EMN Plant
LGV Class 1 Driver at Streamline
Store Person at L&M Engineering
These charts are aimed at the adventurous knitter, who wishes to be inspired by classic, authentic Shetland Fair Isle patterns and colourways. View More…
What drives a man to risk his life in the Southern Ocean? Not once, but twice. View More…
Photographic images of individuals at their workplace drawn from the Shetland community. View More…
Two families, two crofts and a community in change. A spellbinding account of the struggle for survival in nineteenth century Fair Isle. View More…
The tale of the draatsi. By Richard Shucksmith and Brydon Thomason. Visually stunning and packed full of information. View More…