New dental practice, Catalina crash and big bannock in this week’s Shetland Times
• A new dental practice should be open by the end of the year to reduce the lengthy waiting list.
• The master of NorthLink ferry Hrossey miscalculated the turn into Kirkwall Bay immediately before the recent near miss with the coastguard tug Herakles – according to the Maritime Coastguard Agency.
• Whalsay folk remember a Catalina accident in September 1942.
• We have a round up and results from the Cunningsburgh Show.
• A tannery, campaign over the price for lamb and silage sampling are included in our Landwise supplement.
• In the arts we take a look at the Shetland Reel Music Festival
• And in sport an extra-time winner seals the Parish Cup for Whalsay.