24th September 2018
Established 1872. Online since 1996.

Chimney fire

0 comments, , by , in News

A fire crew from Lerwick was called to a chimney fire at a home in Tresta this afternoon.

Firefighters received the call at about 13.15pm where fire had spread from a Rayburn into a cupboard.

The fire in the cupboard was out on arrival, however firefighters used chimney rods and a stirrup pump to extinguish the remaining flames.

Nobody was injured and the crew left at 2.45pm.

 

About Adam Guest

Reporter for The Shetland Times. I have also worked as a senior news reporter at The Press and Journal, The Barnsley Chronicle and as a freelance reporter for The Doncaster Free Press. Alongside news reporting I specialise in music and sports journalism. Pork pie lover.

View other stories by »

Your Comment

Please note, it is the policy of The Shetland Times to publish comments and letters from named individuals only. Both forename and surname are required.

Comments are moderated. Contributors must observe normal standards of decency and tolerance for the opinions of others.

The views expressed are those of contributors and not of The Shetland Times.

The Shetland Times reserves the right to decline or remove any contribution without notice or stating reason.

Comments are limited to 200 words but please email longer articles or letters to editorial@shetlandtimes.co.uk for consideration and include a daytime telephone number and your address. If emailing information in confidence please put "Not for publication" in both the subject line and at the top of the main message.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.