Kirks, Christmas trees and an MP’s court case …
• The Scottish government is being asked why local contractors could not tender to build students accommodation.
• Politicians have called for action on Loganair, following an emergency landing of a Sumburgh-bound flight.
• Sullom Voe contractors Wood Group have laid off 110 workers.
• A shortfall in coffers has left the three kirks in the Tingwall parish at risk of closure.
• The Christmas tree for Lerwick has arrived, and is going back to the Market Cross.
• Quarff resident Joyce Reid wins the Rhoda Bulter award for her poetry.
• And in sport, there is double joy as volleyball men and women prove too good for Orkney.
…All that and much, much more in this week’s paper.