Council cuts, windfarm woes and troubled tugs …
• Loganair has refused to make its newest recruit available for interview despite growing concerns.
• A major project intended to stabilise shellfish production is about to take off.
• A leading figure in Sustainable Shetland has asked how long the charitable trust will continue to support Viking Energy project.
• Local mission man Aubrey Jamieson has been given a new role as senior superintendent.
• A diabetic recalls her early years of living with the condition in Whalsay.
• BBC Radio Shetland raised over £20,000 for this year’s Children in Need campaign.
• Don’t miss our extensive arts and entertainment stories, including coverage of the weekend’s Shetland Noir event.
• In sport, two good wins have given the Shetland netball team a chance in the next round of the Scottish Cup.
• And island games chief Jorgen Pettersson gives his impressions on Shetland’s achievement when it comes to sports development.