Awful weather and one recovering otter
• Severe gales have caused disruption, while an amber flood alert was yesterday issued.
• An orphaned baby otter is fighting back after being rushed to the Hillswick Wildlife Sanctuary.
• Tavish Scott is seeking meetings with UHI and Cityheart over the sale of the HNP site.
• Tourism boss Steve Mathieson hopes enthusiasm will keep the isles on the map as a visitor attraction.
• Salmon farming representatives say the industry has taken massive strides to minimise the number of seals killed.
• Don’t miss Charlie Simpson’s feature on the history of communication in the isles.
• Columnist Jamie Hatch highlights all that matters most in his latest music feature.
• Also, look out for the first half of our review of 2015, with stories and pictures from January to June.