Sagging floors, cheaper ferry fares and Stars in their Eyes in this week’s Shetland Times
• Underneath “sagging” floors are to blame for the evacuation of the £7.3million SIC headquarters at North Ness in Lerwick, according to the council.
• Islanders can expect a “significant reduction” in ferry fares according to a senior Scottish government official.
• Yell resident Alec Priest has become the third person to announce his candidacy for the North Isles ward at next year’s council election.
• Folk in the isles could be asked to fund a new MRI scanner as NHS Shetland considers offering the service to hundreds of islanders.
• HNP engineering’s 47-year occupancy of its Commercial Road site has come to an end.
• The newly-built Antares has arrived in Lerwick.