Trust campaign, an HIE defeat and a ‘silly game’ over grants
• A campaign is being launched by The Shetland Times calling on Shetland Charitable Trust to reconsider its plans to reduce the number of councillor trustees.
• The wheels have come off the Scottish government’s plans to scrap the Highlands and Islands Enterprise board.
• The council is looking at a reduction in Scottish government grant for the next year of over £3.8 million.
• A councillor has defended the SIC’s record on ferries after a cliam the service was proving too inflexible for vulnerable communities.
• Local craft beer shop Beervana is set to expand into new premises.
• Read our feature on Up-Helly-A’. Is our fire festival sexist, or is the ‘way it’s always been’ still acceptable?
• See our five-page feature on the Scalloway Fire Festival.
• All that, and plenty more, in this week’s Shetland Times.