Part-time Case Worker at The Scottish Parliamentary Office, Lerwick
Working for: Tavish Scott MSP (Scottish Liberal Democrats)
Location: The position will be based in the Shetland Parliamentary Office, Lerwick, Shetland
Salary: £20,725 pro-rata
Hours: 12 per week (1-5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Job Details: To provide support with all casework, specialising in welfare, housing and energy matters, by investigating issues raised through correspondence and surgeries, dealing with general public enquiries, maintaining a filing system.
- Dealing with casework effectively and efficiently and investigating and responding to issues raised through correspondence, telephone calls, emails and surgeries;
- Tracking the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale;
- Maintaining the casework tracking system and ensuring it’s up to date;
- Establishing and maintaining policy resource files;
- Maintaining an electronic and manual filing system. Associating previous papers with current correspondence and extracting documents on request;
- Conducting basic research and surveys;
- Typing of correspondence and reports as required;
- Administrative work as directed;
Closing Date for applications: Friday 18th August by 5pm. Successful applicants will be invited to interview in Lerwick during the week beginning Monday 21st August 2017.
Application Details: To apply for the position, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.