Ferry fare cuts, GP worries and the Shetland Beer Festival in this week’s Shetland Times
• The Scottish government will finally deliver on its manifesto promise to cut ferry fares next year but locals are demanding action on cabins.
• Plans to re-jig GP services in the West Side have been met with an angry response by residents.
• A Scalloway Hotel employee who took refuge in a Barcelona cafe during the terrorist attack has vowed not to let the experience stop her travelling.
• Northern Isles MP Alistair Carmichael significantly outspent his rival candidates in June’s election after being banrolled by his political party to the tune of thousands of pounds.
• The first Shetland Beer Festival which took place at Gilbertson Park has been voted a big success.
• Spurs retain the Fraser Cup after a strong second-half show against Ness.