Ofgem U-turn, primary school worries and rescuer’s bravery in this week’s Shetland Times
• Ditching of plans to deliver electricity to the isles through a 260km subsea cable have been welcomed by isles politicians.
• Isles MSP Tavish Scott believes a new primary school should be built in Lerwick as the town grows.
• The Shetland Times special feature takes a look back at the heroism of the late Bill Deacon during the Green Lily rescue operation in 1997.
• The SIC is refusing to be drawn on the likely cost of preparing the old Anderson High School site before building begins.
• And the Scottish government is again being asked to stump up more cash for inter-island ferries.