• Crunch talks between council and airport representatives
• SIC leaders ‘not convinced’ government subsidies for airport operations are being applied fairly
• Call is made for ‘island-proofing’ to support lifeline links.
• National hotel chain Travelodge writes to council to propose a new hotel in Lerwick.
• Shetland is one of 20 areas identified as the chain looks to expand across Scotland.
• Budget hotel firm has identified the isles as an “up-and-coming tourist destination”
• Laundry has been forced to close its doors after fire badly damaged the premises
• Crews from Scalloway and Lerwick were called when the incident happened
• The blaze was reported when a fire which took hold in a washing machine
• Two people have appeared separately in the dock
• One is remanded while the other is released
• Man is expected to appear in court again next week
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
Flat 2, Chapel House, Lerwick
The Hamars, Haroldswick, Unst
Full-time Bar Person at The Lounge
Apprentice Beauty Therapist at Sleeping Beauty
Senior Coastal Operations Officer at Maritime Coastguard Agency
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…