• Bell’s Brae Primary pupils abandoned their classrooms and headed outside to see two Typhoon jets roar by.
• The flypast was held as part of the RAF Baton Relay – an event aimed at celebrating the air force’s first century.
• The children waved and yelled with excitement as the jets made two flybys over the school.
• Woman whose father died of heart disease last year is to auction off bike at Simmer Dim Rally
• All funds going to mental health charity Mind Your Head
• Overhwelming response from Shetland community
• Police and town centre-based organisations warn motorists to be extra careful on Commercial Street.
• They fear the influx of cruise ship tourists means there is a “higher risk” of accidents.
• Inspector says police will enforce road traffic legislation if necessary.
• Call made for council to be clear on its position if Unst is going if it is to maximise its potential as a satellite launch site
• It comes after the island was highlighted in a far-reaching report commissioned by the UK Space Agency
• Westminster government wants the UK to have its own sovereign capability to launch by 2020
Suzuki Alto SZ3
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
Hjaltland Housing Association
Sound Lodge, Weisdale, Shetland
4 Upper Baila, Lerwick
Assistant Manager at The Lerwick Hotel
Bar waiter/waitress at Brae Hotel
Full / Part time Accountant at Grieg Seafood
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…