• A number of isles residents were left without internet or telephone services.
• Work was being carried out on the Shefa-2 subsea cable from Faroe to Scotland via Shetland.
• NHS Shetland and Shetland Islands Council both experienced some issues.
• Paula Flaherty, 35, jailed for two years for being concerned in the supply of drugs.
• Her ex-partner, 32-year-old Simon Cooper, gets 16 months for compressing police officer’s throat.
• Total sum of cannabis found at address valued at over £4,000.
• The “shambles” surrounding reduced fares on lifeline ferries must be sorted out quickly, according to MSP Tavish Scott.
• He has called for the new transport secretary to update residents and explain why a promised cut has not been introduced.•
• In July 20 per cent reduction on the Aberdeen-Lerwick and Kirkwall-Lerwick route brought in “as a first step”.
• It is results day for the 560 secondary pupils in Shetland who have been patiently awaiting their exam results.
• Shetland pupils have performed strongly, though in some areas the number of passes were down on last year.
• The number of pupils receiving their results in Shetland was at the lowest for several years.
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Various properties at Hjaltland Housing Association
37 Bruce Crescent, Lerwick, ZE1 0PB
Links View, Aberdeen
Support Worker/Delivery Van Driver Shetland Home Co at Cope Ltd
Lawyer for unique Shetland opportunity at Harper Macleod LLP
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…