• Aith Junior High School will be closed to pupils and staff throughout tomorrow
• It follows an incident where heating oil leaked into the ground
• Estate operations and roads staff are currently on site to identify and contain the source of the leak
• Young people took over last weekend as the Year of Young People 2018 was celebrated in style.
• The BIG Takeover saw over 70 events taking place at eight venues around Lerwick.
• Fun included music, drama, dance, sports, films, an inflatable assault course and foam parties.
• Ninth Shetland Wool Week will kick off this weekend for a nine-day celebration of the isles’ textile heritage.
• More than 600 are expected to descend on Shetland from around the world.
• Fourth edition of wool week annual includes 13 knitting patterns that use Shetland wool.
• Shetland has been hit by at least two more tsunamis in the past 10,000 years than previously thought
• Scientists are working to identify where the giant waves originated
• Experts have identified sands in Shetland that they say prove additional tsunamis hit the isles 5,000 and 1,500 years ago
Aith Junior High to remain closed tomorrow after oil leak
Properties at Hjaltland Housing Association
Office To Let – Gutters’ Hut, Lerwick
4 Nort Greenhoulls, Brae
Parcel Operative/Delivery Drivers at Streamline
Driver at Robinson Transport
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…