• Dave the seal pup found abandoned in Sandwick
• Hillswick Wildlife Sanctuary says Dave is making good progress
• Common seal numbers in Shetland down from 6,000 to 1,500
• Restrictions will be eased from Friday as Scotland moves into phase one.
• Message on journeys to Shetland and other islands remains the same despite small changes to travel rules.
• First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced the lockdown easing at a Scottish government briefing on Thursday afternoon.
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Scottish Car Auctions Search
Vacancies with Sandwick Baking Company
Vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Filleters required at QA Fish
Debt, social mobility and the Fetlar Clearances: the Nicolsons of Brough Lodge.
The fascinating life of a man who not only played an important part in the D-Day landings, but whose memory spans almost a century of unparalleled and tumultuous technological change. View More…
For the first time the full story of Shetland vital contribution to the Greenland fishery is told. The economic and social implications of the bloody trade is discussed in detail. View More…
An entertaining and thoughtful account of a quarter century’s voyages around just two of Shetland’s hundred islands. View More…
Davy Clark left home to find work at the Antarctic whaling. He found it. Rough, tough, dirty and dangerous work at that. But he also found friendships and camaraderie. This is his story.