• Former general election candidate Stuart Hill has been jailed for two months.
• His sentence comes after he admitted recording court proceedings.
• Hill was also ordered to forfeit his recording device to the police.
• Scalloway resident accused of fraudulently obtaining medication from Lerwick pharmacy.
• Alexander Forbesis alleged to have pretended to staff that he had permission to collect prescription
• He is also said to have sent a sexually explicit text message to a woman on Valentine’s Day
• The directors of the cafe bar The String have announced “with some reluctance” that they intend to cease trading.
• Directors said they were devastated, in particular for the permanent staff facing redundancy.
• The String opened its doors in August 2018 and will vacate the building on 31st March.
Hjaltland Housing Association
Fish Quality Assurance Manager at Cooke Aquaculture
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Engineers at Shetland Islands Council
Debt, social mobility and the Fetlar Clearances: the Nicolsons of Brough Lodge.
The fascinating life of a man who not only played an important part in the D-Day landings, but whose memory spans almost a century of unparalleled and tumultuous technological change. View More…
For the first time the full story of Shetland vital contribution to the Greenland fishery is told. The economic and social implications of the bloody trade is discussed in detail. View More…
An entertaining and thoughtful account of a quarter century’s voyages around just two of Shetland’s hundred islands. View More…
Davy Clark left home to find work at the Antarctic whaling. He found it. Rough, tough, dirty and dangerous work at that. But he also found friendships and camaraderie. This is his story.