• Equipment has been sent over from US to help sessions at Clickimin.
• Organiser Stuart Irvine says it’s mostly drills but sparring will be when “the real fun begins”.
• He is full of praise for Larry Fullmer for getting involved with the club.
• Elected members have backed a full business case behind a rebuild and extension of Toft Pier
• Councillors provided their backing for the project when they met in the town hall
• Councillor Alastair Cooper – a long-standing advocate of the pier’s redevelopment – moved the new project be approved
• He was a long-time chairman of Shetland Norwegian Friendship Society.
• A speaker of 22 languages, he won a European Polyglot title in 1990.
• He interpreted languages on behalf of the sheriff court, the police and fishermen’s mission.
• Journalist McQuarrie takes NQJ award after passing exam.
• His work “was judged by the examiners as being the best in the country”.
• McQuarrie: “I’m surprised and delighted”
Properties to Let, Lerwick Port Authority
Various properties at Hjaltland Housing
Westerlands, Gott, Tingwall
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Relief Bar Staff at British Legion
Summer Vancancies at St Magnus Bay Hotel
Over 4,000 separate entries including an addenda of words once used by Shetland’s 19th century ‘haaf’, or deep sea, fishermen – and some quirky ‘modern’ additions to the dialect.
Highly entertaining and informative recollections of geologist turned Shetland tour guide, Allen Fraser. View More…
A highly informative guide which will arouse curiosity and stimulate interest in all areas of Shetland life. View More…
A photographic guide featuring 74 birds with habitat overviews and helpful information to aid identification. View More…
The extraordinary long life and prodigious works of Jessie Saxby, Shetland\'s first professional writer. View More…