• Sumburgh Airport saw passenger numbers drop last year largely due to changes in oil traffic movements
• Hial says passenger movements dipped 8.5 per cent from 406,537 in 2017 to 372,064
• The airport authority has put the change down to a reduction in helicopter traffic
• Police uncovered large quantities of illegal drugs during January and February.
• The operation spanned the length and breadth of Highlands and islands reason.
• Detective inspector warns the region is “hostile” towards drug trade.
• Long-time North Roe resident Kevin Jamieson’s day as Northmavine Guizer Jarl is up and running.
• His band of Vikings will already be rampaging throughout the district.
• Galley is named Mavaroam, from the first two letters of the jarl’s bairns Mairianne, Vaila, Robbie and Amy
• Council’s planning committee asked to consider new submission by Viking Energy.
• But meeting is adjourned following disquiet among members.
• Councillors complained of a lack of clarity in the report they were asked to consider.
Citroen Berlingo van
Volkswagen Golf GTi
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
Various properties at Hjaltland Housing Association
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Port Safety Officer at Shetland Islands Council
Site Assistant at Cooke Aquaculture
Over 4,000 separate entries including an addenda of words once used by Shetland’s 19th century ‘haaf’, or deep sea, fishermen – and some quirky ‘modern’ additions to the dialect. View More…
Highly entertaining and informative recollections of geologist turned Shetland tour guide, Allen Fraser. View More…
A highly informative guide which will arouse curiosity and stimulate interest in all areas of Shetland life. View More…
A photographic guide featuring 74 birds with habitat overviews and helpful information to aid identification. View More…
The extraordinary long life and prodigious works of Jessie Saxby, Shetland\'s first professional writer. View More…