• Youngsters from Brae High School have proved they’ve got what it takes to compete in business
• Senior pupils have been named winners in the Shetland Young Enterprise of the Year Award
• The team created a company called Replenish, which makes water bottles to help reduce plastic waste
• Company behind the Mossy Hill Windfarm has issued an artist’s impression of the site.
• It shows some of its 12 turbines visible from Bressay.
• Firm’s boss says it will play a key role in providing clean, affordable electricity.
• Thousands of volunteers will take to the beaches, coastlines and roadsides this weekend.
• Main annual Voar Redd Up begins in earnest with tonnes of bruck expected to be collected.
• Over 200 groups have registered with the Shetland Amenity Trust to take part.
• Man is fined after admitting supplying cannabis and cannabis resin.
• Drugs seized after search in Hoofields area of Lerwick.
• Court hears supply was ‘social’ arrangement between friends.
Properties to Let, Lerwick Port Authority
Various properties at Hjaltland Housing
Westerlands, Gott, Tingwall
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Relief Bar Staff at British Legion
Summer Vancancies at St Magnus Bay Hotel
Over 4,000 separate entries including an addenda of words once used by Shetland’s 19th century ‘haaf’, or deep sea, fishermen – and some quirky ‘modern’ additions to the dialect.
Highly entertaining and informative recollections of geologist turned Shetland tour guide, Allen Fraser. View More…
A highly informative guide which will arouse curiosity and stimulate interest in all areas of Shetland life. View More…
A photographic guide featuring 74 birds with habitat overviews and helpful information to aid identification. View More…
The extraordinary long life and prodigious works of Jessie Saxby, Shetland\'s first professional writer. View More…