• Councillors unanimously support motion condemning the latest funding offer from the Scottish government.
• Leader warns provisional reduction in funding left council’s ability to provide essential services ‘under threat’.
• Support for motion that registers ‘with disappointment the continuing decline in funding’ to the SIC.
• Staff form picket line outside Shetland College in Lerwick.
• Demand is for an improved pay offer.
• Total of 32 lecturers taking part in strike action.
• The line-up for the Shetland Folk Festival 2019 is announced.
• Eclectic and international range of musicians on the bill.
• Festival will take place from 2nd to 5th May.
• Speeding drivers in Lerwick came under the spotlight at Monday’s community council meeting.
• Plea is made for more speed checks on drivers coming into the town via the old north road.
• Issue raised by community councillor Gary Robinson who has experienced problems firsthand.
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Scottish Car Auctions Search
Hjaltland Housing Association
PCV Driver for J&DS Halcrow
Graduate Web Developer at JLP Internet
Over 4,000 separate entries including an addenda of words once used by Shetland’s 19th century ‘haaf’, or deep sea, fishermen – and some quirky ‘modern’ additions to the dialect. View More…
Highly entertaining and informative recollections of geologist turned Shetland tour guide, Allen Fraser. View More…
A highly informative guide which will arouse curiosity and stimulate interest in all areas of Shetland life. View More…
A photographic guide featuring 74 birds with habitat overviews and helpful information to aid identification. View More…
The extraordinary long life and prodigious works of Jessie Saxby, Shetland\'s first professional writer. View More…