• Allison Duncan has praised the efforts of emergency services after being involved in a car accident
• He thanked police and ambulance services at the beginning of the board meeting in the town hall
• Mr Duncan said the ambulance had attended ‘almost in an instant’ adding police were quickly on the scene
• A recruitment drive has helped attract over 30 new applicants to the fire service in Shetland
• Report showed 33 people came forward after a recruitment drive was held earlier this year
• A female-only recruitment session saw 13 potential applicants take part in the interactive taster session
• Shetland fishing industry has again taken top honours at national awards ceremony.
• The region had nominations in five categories of the Fishing News Award.
• Winners were pelagic skipper Chris Duncan and new vessel the Research.
MOTAQUIP CAR PARTS
P J HURSON GARAGE SERVICES
Flat 7, Chapel House, Mounthooly Street, Lerwick
7 Hamarsgarth, Mossbank
Properties for lease from SIC
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Company Administrator at ESPL
Account Handler at TL Dallas
Over 4,000 separate entries including an addenda of words once used by Shetland’s 19th century ‘haaf’, or deep sea, fishermen – and some quirky ‘modern’ additions to the dialect.
Highly entertaining and informative recollections of geologist turned Shetland tour guide, Allen Fraser. View More…
A highly informative guide which will arouse curiosity and stimulate interest in all areas of Shetland life. View More…
A photographic guide featuring 74 birds with habitat overviews and helpful information to aid identification. View More…
The extraordinary long life and prodigious works of Jessie Saxby, Shetland\'s first professional writer. View More…