16th November 2018
Established 1872. Online since 1996.

Elderly man suffers burns to face in Voe house fire

0 comments, , by , in News

A fire broke out at a house in Voe on Saturday causing an elderly man to suffer smoke inhalation and burns to his face.

The fire service received the call at 3.36pm and two appliances were sent out from Brae.

The crews used a hose reel jet and two sets of breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze, which caused heat and damage to the living room of the two storey house. The rest of the house also suffered some smoke damage.

The man was taken to hospital where he was treated for his injuries.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electric heater which was destroyed during the incident.

Tags:

Your Comment

Please note, it is the policy of The Shetland Times to publish comments and letters from named individuals only. Both forename and surname are required.

Comments are moderated. Contributors must observe normal standards of decency and tolerance for the opinions of others.

The views expressed are those of contributors and not of The Shetland Times.

The Shetland Times reserves the right to decline or remove any contribution without notice or stating reason.

Comments are limited to 200 words but please email longer articles or letters to editorial@shetlandtimes.co.uk for consideration and include a daytime telephone number and your address. If emailing information in confidence please put "Not for publication" in both the subject line and at the top of the main message.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.