Man taken to hospital after suspected gas leak in Mossbank
A man has been taken to hospital after a suspected gas leak at a house in Mossbank.
Police said he was discovered in the house and will be subjected to a medical assessment at the Gilbert Bain.
The property has now been made safe and the cordon removed. The Welcome Inn and several houses in the immediate vicinity had been evacuated. Workers have been allowed back to the inn and residents to their homes.
“Emergency services personnel and members of the public are thanked for their co-operation and assistance,” said a spokesman.
As a precaution the Welcome Inn and “three or four” houses in the immediate vicinity have been evacuated, according to a police spokeswoman.
The alarm was raised by a member of the public at around 10am and an area of around 100 metres has been cordoned off. The incident is on-going.