Mareel woes, trust troubles and a Slap in the face for HNP
• A music promoter who brought up Eddi Reader and the Blockheads says he can no longer work with Mareel.
• Shetland Leasing and Property is to start a legal challenge to have a marine engineering firm removed.
• The ambulance service has apologised after a man had to wait three hours for an ambulance.
• Plans for a new community cafe and soft play centre have fallen on hard times.
• Council leader Gary Robinson has been criticised over a letter he sent to charitable trust members.
• Well-known character, winch operator Kieran Murray, has left the isles.
• There are nine pages of Christmas greetings.
• And in sport, there are mixed fortunes for the AHS netball squad in the first round of Scottish Schools Cup.
All that, and much more, in this week’s Shetland Times.