The new, multi-million-pound Anderson High School will be completed on time and on budget, councillors were told today.
Members of the SIC’s education and families committee were told the new school and halls of residence at Clickimin will be finished by September next year.
The £55.75 million project will have room for around 1,100 pupils with a 100-bedroom hostel.
Two thirds of the funding is coming from the Scottish government, through the Scottish Futures Trust.
Director of children’s services Helen Budge said the work was progressing well a year on from financial close of the contract and was delighted the project was on track.
“It’s great to see the progress that has happened in that year and know young folk will hopefully be moved in next year,” she said afterwards.
Mrs Budge said the plan was to move in during the 2017 October holidays.
Sub-contractors are busy working away on site and Mrs Budge did confirm there was an issue with sealing the windows of the school building. However, she explained that was only a minor issue regarding the type of sealant being used.
Meanwhile councillors are to receive and update on the redevelopment of the Knab site at a meeting of the full council on Wednesday.
Councillors agreed to develop a “masterplanning brief” in June with Edinburgh-based consultancy Architecture and Design Scotland.
The council launched a consultation earlier this summer asking for public responses on the future of the site.
Councillors are being asked to get the ball rolling for the redevelopment by approving the production of a masterplan.