Fears for Skerries and a world’s first in this week’s Shetland Times
Fears for Skerries, a world’s first and soulful cameo from Richard Hawley in this week’s Shetland Times.
• Skerries Primary School has been mothballed following the departure of its only pupil from the isle earlier in the summer.
• The world’s first “array” of tidal generators supplying power to the electricity grid has been installed in Bluemull Sound.
• SIC councillors bar the public from a debate on the future of Promote Shetland.
• Metal fans enjoy a mixture of heavy sounds and funky riffs at this year’s Buffet festival.
• We have a round of this year’s Screenplay festival including a review of Sheffield crooner Richard Hawley’s gig at Mareel.
• In sport mystery surrounds football resignations as county bosses leave after just a year.