In The Shetland Times this week…
• Flybe says it’s in for the long haul after coming under fire from airline rival Loganair as they go head-to-head for passengers.
• Viking Energy has paid off two if its staff members as it continues to wait for Westminster to reach a decision on support for island onshore projects.
• Maverick campaigner Stuart Hill has refused to submit a return of his election expenses, as required by UK law.
• A classical violinist with the world-famous Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra has spent a long weekend in the isles tracing his roots.
• Two of the country’s most successful metal detectorists tied the knot in Unst on Saturday night – just eight months after cheating death.
…and much more.