19th August 2019
Established 1872. Online since 1996.

Chimney fire extinguished in Lerwick

0 comments, , by , in News, ST Online

A chimney fire occurred at a Lerwick house late this afternoon (Saturday).

The house, on Burgh Road, was attended by a crew from Lerwick station. They put out the fire, which began in the ground floor sitting room, 40 minutes after the call went out at 5.15pm.

A stirrup pump, chimney rods and a hose reel jet were used.

No-one was injured.

Your Comment

Please note, it is the policy of The Shetland Times to publish comments and letters from named individuals only. Both forename and surname are required.

Comments are moderated. Contributors must observe normal standards of decency and tolerance for the opinions of others.

The views expressed are those of contributors and not of The Shetland Times.

The Shetland Times reserves the right to decline or remove any contribution without notice or stating reason.

Comments are limited to 200 words but please email longer articles or letters to editorial@shetlandtimes.co.uk for consideration and include a daytime telephone number and your address. If emailing information in confidence please put "Not for publication" in both the subject line and at the top of the main message.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.