Council tax hike, marine conservation spat and birthday bus fears
In The Shetland Times this week…
• Isles residents are to be hit with a council tax hike after councillors unanimously backed the move.
• A Lerwick councillor has called for a new by-law for birthday buses, amid fears the practice may end in tragedy if not regulated.
• Marine conservation lobbyists Open Seas come in for robust criticism from SFA executive Simon Collins in a fierce opinion piece.
• We have all the latest news from Lerwick Sheriff Court as new sheriff Ian Cruickshank takes up his post.
• Full coverage from the weekend’s Nesting & Girlsta Up-Helly-A’ and the latest agriculturual news in Landwise
… and much more