Skipper & 1st Mate at Grieg Seafood
Grieg Seafood Shetland Limited is recruiting for the following positions:
Skipper (4 positions) & 1st Mate (4 positions)
Grieg Seafood Shetland Ltd is expanding its workboat service team with the addition of two further vessels. The role of the workboat service team is to provide support and carry out operations across our production sites both in Shetland and / or Skye. This will include:
- Net changing and preparatory work
- Supporting site staff to undertake fish treatments
- Site installation and maintenance of grids and moorings
- Tow and lifting operations where required
- General site work (where needed)
It is envisaged that at least one of these vessels will focus more on net changing and preparatory work and assisting site staff with undertaking fish treatments.
Both positions require a minimum of:
- RYA Powerboat Advanced/Coastal Skipper (or equivalent) certificate of competence (commercial endorsement); basic sea survival; first aid and fire fighting training.
- Demonstrable track record and competence in site installation and maintenance work. Skippers must have several years’ experience in related work and coastal navigation.
Additionally, an ‘appointed persons’ lifting qualification would be seen as advantageous. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, attentive to detail, a team player with a strong focus on health and safety. The appointed crew members must be willing to operate the vessel at short notice, across any of our farming areas (inc mainland Scotland) for varying lengths of time.
An excellent salary is offered for both positions, working a 2-week-on 2-week-off shift rota, inclusive of holidays. Performance and loyalty-based bonuses are also available for this post. For an informal discussion regarding these positions, please contact Michael Smith (Farms Manager) on 01595 741808 or Justin Watson (Production Manager) on 01595 741817.
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday, 5th July, 2019, no later than 17:00hrs