Maintenance Engineer (hatchery at Girlsta) at Greig Seafood
This is an operational position, the successful candidate will report to the hatchery Technical Manager and will be able to carry out the maintenance and repair of all plant and equipment within the hatchery. This includes but is not limited to air compressors, pumps, and oxygen delivery, UV and ozone systems.
You will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the hatchery and assisting with the continual improvement of new and existing systems. Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to carry out on-call and weekend work on a roster basis over a 3-week period.
- Qualifications/Skills required:
- Recognised Engineering/Trade Qualification (e.g., Electrical, Welding/Fabrication, Mechanical Engineering) – proof must be provided at interview
- Minimum of 1 year post apprenticeship experience
- A high level of practical skills is essential
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation with a strong focus on practical application
- Be an effective team player but also have the ability to work independently
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience in automated systems is desirable, however not essential
An attractive salary plus overtime is available for this position. Performance and loyalty based bonuses are also available for this post.
For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Steven Nicolson via e-mail email@example.com or Tel: 07947 242340.
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Closing date will be Friday, 13th December 2019, no later than 17:00hrs