Multifunctional Network Maintenance Operative (Wastewater) at Scottish Water
Scottish Water has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, flexible hard working individual to join the Shetland Team within Customer Service Delivery as a Multifunctional Network Maintenance Operative.
Working at Scottish Water
Scottish Water is one of the UK’s leading water companies, the quality of drinking water and satisfaction with the service we provide our customers has never been higher – but we want to be even better – and you could help play an important part!
We take employee engagement very seriously and have an inclusive and collaborative work environment where we respect people’s differences. In 2016 we won the award for “Best Workplace of the Year” at the Hr NETWORK Awards, which recognised the enthusiasm, commitment and pride of our employees in working for Scottish Water.
We are passionate about creating opportunities for young people and are proud to have achieved the Gold standard in the Investors in Young People accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to creating rewarding opportunities for young people.
You will be entitled to a host of benefits which include 37 days holiday a year, a defined benefit pension scheme, discounted healthcare, plus a variety of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
About The Role
You will join a motivated multifunctional team who are committed to making a real difference to the experience our customers have with us. This is not just a task driven role – you will be empowered to take ownership of problems, investigate them fully, initiate solutions and provide support to our customers.
You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and choke clearing on waste water pumping stations and a variety of other tasks, dealing with customer facing related issues on a day-to-day basis. The focus of the role will be to ensure the resolution of customer issues and the recovery of any reputational impact our operations have on customers.
As a member of our multifunctional response team, you will be required to participate in an out-of-hours multifunctional standby rota which will include carrying out dig down repairs and maintenance on water mains and maintaining water network assets including service reservoirs and pumping stations.
Preference will be given to persons with previous experience of work of a similar nature. Driving Licence would be essential.
- To contribute to the maintenance of Wastewater pumping stations and asset maintenance including clearing choked pumps.
- To carry out routine maintenance on the Sewer Network infrastructure.
- Deal with customers on a day-to-day basis ensuring they are well informed of work being carried out and that there is minimal disruption to the service
- To carry out dig down repairs and maintenance on water mains and maintaining water network assets including service reservoirs and pumping stations.
- Complete all necessary reporting systems for measuring performance and productivity.
- Comply with all Scottish Water safe systems of work, chapter 8 NRSWA and all other relevant Health and Safety policy and practice.
- Carry out small plant, equipment and vehicle safety checks.
- Participate on a standby working rota (1 in 3).
- Deal with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
- Driving licence, inc Categories C1 & E. Be able to work as part of a team or as a lone worker.
- Experience of work of a similar nature ; Knowledge of sewer networks ; Understanding of H&S for site working ; HPJ /confined space / experience ; CPC Excavator Qualification ; Basic computer skills.
- Basic report writing skills ; Basic Ground Maintenance skills.
Any offer of employment with Scottish Water will be subject to the successful completion of a mandatory preemployment screening process, including Disclosure Scotland and eligibility to work in the UK. Details can be found on our website.
For more information about this role, please contact: SWRecruitment@scottishwater.co.uk
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th December 2019
Please note. Direct applications won’t be considered. We are not in a position to accept CVs notes of interest via email, it is an online application.
To apply, please follow the Current Vacancies link at the bottom of Scottish Water’s webpage at: