Grieg Seafood Shetland has a position available for a Site Manager based in the Punds Voe area of mainland Shetland, near Scalloway. The position will cover a pairing of sites Langa and North Papa. Reporting to the area management level we are looking for an ambitious and motivated individual to take on the following responsibilities with this role (not exhaustive):
- Prioritise, plan and lead a small team to ensure the day to day work to be carried out at a site level is completed to the highest standard.
- Ensure optimal husbandry of fish stocks at all times.
- Identify and resolve any problems that might affect fish health, biosecurity or the security of site/s promptly.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all persons affected by operations on site.
- Monitor and maintain the security and effectiveness of all equipment.
- The prompt and accurate reporting of KPIs and production related figures.
- Line manage and mentor staff.
- Demonstrable skills in fish husbandry to the highest standard.
- Good personnel management and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good understanding of health and safety and practical application.
- Good level of IT related competence.
- Physically fit.
A salary of £48,720 per annum is offered for managing the double site (Langa & North Papa). A vehicle, performance and loyalty based bonuses are also attached to this post. For an informal discussion regarding the post please contact: Nigel Sutherland (Area Manager) on 07733 224386 or Justin Watson, (Seawater Production Manager), on 07500 878946.
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Closing date is Friday 07 August 2020 no later than 17:00hrs