Support for EU citizens

EU residents are being urged to make sure they secure their right to continue living in the isles.

Citizens of the EU, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Switzerland can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue to live, work and study in the UK.

The scheme grants an immigration status that also allows folk to continue to be eligible for public services.

Shetland Citizens Advice Bureau has received UK government funding to provide support to those who need help applying for settled status.

Bureau Manager Karen Eunson said: “People can apply themselves but, if anyone would like extra support, we can help.

“CAB can provide help to people in gathering the evidence they need and in making the online application. We can also refer people for expert help if their situation is more complex.”

CAB are offering advice by phone or Zoom, with the first appointments available from 18th January.


Add Your Comment

Add Your Comment

Please note, it is the policy of The Shetland Times to publish comments and letters from named individuals only. Both forename and surname are required.

Comments are moderated. Contributors must observe normal standards of decency and tolerance for the opinions of others.

The views expressed are those of contributors and not of The Shetland Times.

The Shetland Times reserves the right to decline or remove any contribution without notice or stating reason.

Comments are limited to 200 words but please email longer articles or letters to for consideration and include a daytime telephone number and your address. If emailing information in confidence please put "Not for publication" in both the subject line and at the top of the main message.

200 words left

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Get Latest News in Your Inbox

Join the The Shetland Times mailing list to get one daily email update at midday on what's happening in Shetland.