In today’s (Friday 26th February) edition of The Shetland Times:
• An overwhelming majority of people who took part in a poll believe Covid restrictions in the isles should be eased much sooner.
• Cross-party pressure has been mounting against Highlands and Islands Airports Limited (Hial) over its plans to centralise air traffic control.
• Shetland has been at the centre of a groundbreaking transplant procedure involving frozen human faeces.
• A flag has been flying at the town hall to mark the second annual Festival of Care, which has taken place.
• A meeting to discuss the possibility of coronavirus testing at entry points into the isles will be held today.
• The Covid-19 crisis has led to a surge in mental health absences from NHS Shetland, according to new figures just released.
• A bar owner has been highly critical of Nicola Sturgeon’s plans to lead Scotland out of lockdown.