Salary starting at £22,140 rising to £25,264 per annum
Are you a team player looking for a challenging role, undertaking worthwhile work in the heart of your community? Do you want to develop a career with access to training and the ability to gain qualifications? Do you want a role that’s more varied than 9-5 and feel able to rise to the challenge day or night? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you to join us in one of our 11 unique Airport locations.
We offer a great benefits package and training package. Key benefits include:
- A number of allowances on top of basic salary;
- Generous annual leave allowance of 28.5 days plus 8 public holidays, increasing to 33.5 days after 5 years’ service;
- Excellent defined benefits pension scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme for use by you and your family;
- Gym facilities in each fire station with allocated time during your working week to maintain your fitness levels.
When you start you’ll undertake a comprehensive training package which is just the beginning of your career long learning – there are lots of great opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
The work you’ll do is varied and interesting – the role of an Airport Fire Fighter ranges from inspecting runways, de-icing aircraft, grass cutting, marshalling and record keeping to responding to emergency calls. Being prepared at all times is crucial so you’ll take part in regular training and emergency planning and response activities. At some of our locations you may also need to undertake water or mud rescues.
Some key things you need to know:
- You’ll regularly drive vehicles – so must have a full and current driving license;
- After training, you’ll also hold an LGV license – so you need to be 18 or over within the next 3 months;
- This is a physical role so you need to have a good level of fitness and health – which you’ll need to maintain throughout your career with us;
- Some background checks, which include Criminal Record Checks, will be carried out before you can start.
It’s really important that you have a flexible approach and attitude to your work, are willing to work shifts, including weekends and be prepared to do occasional short-term detachments in other airports. The emergency response nature of our work involves working “on call” at some airports where you may be needed day or night to deal with an emergency.
You’ll be joining a great team who can offer you a career in the Airport Fire Service – apply online today https://hialcareers.co.uk/jobs/
Closing date for applicants is 23rd June 2021. Fitness tests are scheduled to take place the week beginning 12th July 2021, followed by Online Interviews on the week beginning 19th July 2021.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and equality of opportunity at all of our airports.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and aim to provide support to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and their employment.
In support of our commitment to the Gaelic language and culture, as demonstrated in our Gaelic Language Plan, we welcome applications from those with Gaelic language skills.
Please note that the company is currently undertaking a job evaluation project and pay and grading system, all salaries are subject to review through this process.