In today’s (Friday, 12th November) edition of The Shetland Times:
- School staffing shortages are causing significant problems for the education sector.
- Routine dental check-ups are on hold as NHS Shetland battles through a mounting backlog of patients waiting for treatment.
- A warning has been issued that the Sandveien Neighbourhood Centre could close if not enough people come forward to volunteer their time on the committee.
- A charity worker talks about his attempt to run seven hills in November for The Cedar Centre.
- Alexander Nicol speaks about being diagnosed with cancer – and recovering to compete in this year’s Shetland’s Strongest Man.
- SPORT – The men’s rugby team got their first win of the season with a mauling of Aberdeen University, while the Shetland Football Association are on the hunt for a new president once more.