Read in depth coverage in today’s (Friday 17th December) edition of The Shetland Times, including the latest on escalating Covid-19 concerns:
• Omicron is detected.
• 5,000 jabs by Christmas.
• Youth clubs close, tighter restrictions return to schools, and Bressay ferry disruption.
• Businesses brace for another setback.
And in other news:
• A new £125m hospital could be built within the next five years.
• Hial reports a severe decline in flight and passenger numbers at Sumburgh Airport.
• Author Ann Cleeves opens new library.
• An ambitious project to photograph every gravestone in Shetland gets underway.
• SPORT: Swimmers set personal bests.