Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… To transport goods safely and in a timely manner to various destinations. To work on deliveries + collections. A real team player with a strong customer service focus and a can-do attitude is a must.
We are looking to cover:
Full time driver required for multi-drop deliveries with rigid trucks up to 18te GVW
- Ensure all delivery notes are signed upon delivery
- Minimise the risk of accidents
- At all times deliver excellent customer service
- Adhere to road transport regulations
- Must hold current licence and accompanying professional qualification
- Ensure the vehicle is kept to regulatory safety standards
- Ensure all loads are strapped down/secured adequately
- To deliver chill, produce and ambient products to all our customers’ premises.
- To assist with unloading at store
- To accurately record all activities in line with legislation and company requirements
- To work within the remits of the Drivers Hours regulations
- To work within the remits of the Working Time Directive
- To follow fuel efficient driving standards
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Comply with all risk assessments and safe working procedures
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
As an employee off DFDS you will be entitled to benefits such as:
- HealthShield, a cash back scheme which covers dental and optical costs, discounts on hight street stores and many other benefits.
- Free travel on our passenger Ferries for up to 4 people, travelling from Newcastle to Holland and Dover to Calais
- Death in Service.
Interested… If you have a working knowledge of a similar environment/ role and have excellent customer service, please submit your CV and application in English by email, as soon as possible, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
Please email applications to: Christine Deighton firstname.lastname@example.org