• Creative output of Shetland’s craft makers has gathered under one roof for this year’s Craft Fair
• Crowds have turned out in their droves to attend the annual event
• Knitters, photographers and furniture makers were among the many exhibitors who turned out
• Silhouettes stenciled into the sand as part of nationwide arts project.
• Visitors moved in special goodbye at isles beach.
• Armistice event remembers the fallen.
• They came in their hundreds to remember as Lerwick fell silent.
• Large crowd lines the streets to mark the centenary of the Armistice.
• Act of Remembrance culminates with two minutes’ silence followed by wreath-laying.
• National event will run from Monday to Friday next week.
• Earlier this year the council approved a revised policy for anti-bullying in schools.
• Hope is to create an environment where bullying cannot thrive.
Hjaltland Housing Association
Mid Yell, Shetland
Various vacancies at Shetland Islands Council
Kitchen Designer at Howdens Shetland
Receptionist at KGQ
A completely revised and enlarged edition, presenting the lace knitting of the Shetland Isles in a clearly understandable form for both everyday and expert knitter. View More…
Well-known local fiddler searches for the origins of popular tune and uncovers fascinating stories. View More…
A collection of 18 stunning projects which will help you create unique hand knitted garments inspired by Shetland and Fair Isle knitting. View More…
If you remember the 1950s, this celebration of a long-gone way of life is for you - and, if you don’t, there is much here for you to find out. View More…
A collection of the best accounts of day-to-day experiences and the dramas of the haaf fishing period. View More…